Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Simple Prayer

Dear Lord Jesus,
Help my unbelief.  Increase my faith, that I may more properly know who you are.  Your power is beyond imagination.  Your love is extravagant.  Your grace is amazing.  Your perfection in unlimited.  Your knowledge knows no measure.  Your mercy is without comparison.  Thank you for teaching me about Yourself.  I know so little and yet you have revealed so much.  You have revealed so much and yet there is still so much more to know.  Thank you for remaining somewhat of a mystery, "Your ways are not our ways and Your thoughts are not our thoughts."  But you have clearly revealed so much truth, which is not at all mysterious.  Help me to live in submission to the things you have definitively revealed and to live in patience with the things that only you know.  May I live without contention in the tensions of life.  May I enjoy the deeper study of Christian paradox.  I must die to live and be nothing to be great.  Precious Lord, Thou art the truth of God!  Worthy of all praise!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment