Friday, August 5, 2011

A Life of True Value

Acts 20:24, "nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God."

Dear Lord,
Thank you for making my life valuable.  I have ultimate value in your purpose and for your service.  Let my life be poured out as a drink offering.  Let me serve you with all of my life and let me have no sense of worth apart from living for your glory.  Take my life and use it for Thee, without you I would be nothing.  May I run well the race you have set before me, keeping my eyes fixed upon the joy which is to come.  I become so weak and weary.  My soul sometimes does not want to go on.  I feel weak and want to stop, but I can't.  Your word is a fire in my soul, burning with fiery flames of passion and conviction.  Turn me away from my weakness!  Strengthen me to run well.  At times my soul is troubled and what shall I say?  Save me from this hour.  No, Father, let me be with Jesus in glorifying Thy name!  My life is not dear to me apart from being used for You.
AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment