Saturday, April 14, 2012

Voice of a Southern Baptist Prophet - B.H. Carroll

Speaking to the SBC in 1888:
"When a tree stops growing it begins to die.  When water stops flowing it stagnates, and stagnation is miasma and death.  Aggression is true defence.  The battles that defend our homes should be fought on the frontier and not around our firesides.  You cease to preserve what you have, when you cease to move your fences out.  Push out your work...Go...Carry the tidings...Make baptismal witnesses of the resurrection.  Push for your life as well as others.  Brethren, when God converted me from infidelity, he made me a missionary.  My heart is in it.  May that heart stop its beatings when it fails to love any man from any shore who is a child of God.  In this I have embarked myself, my wife, my children, yea, all that I am and have, and hope to be asking the captain of my salvation to write his name on my brain, and on my hand, and on my heart, and all over me as a possession forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment